WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

So yesterday was my very first Mother's Day. (well, you know what I mean) Here's the special picture my hubby took for me yesterday of my son and me. It only took one shot to get this, I'm surprised. It usually takes about 50, literally!

I had a very nice day! Hubby fixed a yummy breakfast for me--scrambled eggs, bacon, and blueberry muffins--and a fabulous dinner with the help of Omaha Steaks--filet mignon, mixed veggies, and twice baked potatoes with New York Style Cheesecake for dessert. We went to church in the morning and in the afternoon we got to go to Hubby's soccer game. This time it was at the field that Eli and I could go to with him, since it has a track around it for walking and nice grass for sitting to watch the game. It was beautiful weather (though still a tad chilly) and I enjoyed the day of no obligations. As I was busy packing and getting ready for my trip this week, Hubby was sooo helpful in watching and taking care of Eli.

And now today has come and in 3 hours we'll be hopping on a plane to see friends! We have 3 flights today and I'm a bit nervous about how it will go. It took an hour but I FINALLY got Eli to go for his morning nap and I anticipate he'll be running on NO nap this afternoon. So we'll see how it goes!

Well, so long friends! I'll be back in a week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day! That's a great, sweet picture. Your little man is certainly cute. :)
Prayers for safe travels for you and your family. Enjoy your trip!

Kathleen said...

Have a safe trip :)

Jimazing said...

Happy First Mother's Day! That is such a great photo.

I saw the link to your blog on Paul's web site this evening. What a great collection of thoughts and memories. I look forward to "snooping" and learning more about you.