WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Weekly Memory Verse

How did you do with your verse last week? How did it encourage you throughout your week? It encouraged me to keep practicing my verses several times throughout the day (usually while I was sitting at high chair feeding baby) and "meditating on it day and night". I did better this week, memorizing the verse and working on some of the other ones that I was getting stuck on. So I'm ready for a new verse this week! But first let's...

Review

Luke 10:27 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind. And love your neighbor as yourself."

Colossians 2:6-7 "So then just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

Psalm 119:9-11 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”

Psalm 86:11 “Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.”

Joshua 1:8 "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

New Verse
Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

I know it's a little long and probably a little hard to memorize but I chose this verse this week, in preparation for the Husband Encouragement Challenge that is starting tomorrow. To help strengthen me as I [hope to] encourage other women throughout the challenge.

If you want to join in memorizing this verse, just sign Mr. Linky below! Have a blessed week!



2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi!
I remembered, that's a good sign!
I'll be working on committing this one to memory.
thanks,
Annie

forgiven4this said...

Ok I am totally game, but it seems I have to catch up so I will try to remember all of them! This is so cool thanks so much for this!!!!!