WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

THE best alfredo sauce!

I've got it! I've found my new favorite alfredo sauce! No need to keep experimenting with recipes anymore! Here she is: taken from this recipe and following some comment suggestions, it's DELICIOUS!

Easy Alfredo Sauce

1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
several shakes of Italian seasonings, parsley, basil

Directions: in saucepan melt butter, pour in whipping cream, SLOWLY stir in parmesan cheese 1/2 cup at a time, add garlic powder and seasonings, and woo-la! done!

This takes less than 10 minutes to make and is fabulous! It can go on anything-- I've put it on butter beans and served it to the kids for lunch; I've put it on pasta, chicken, and broccoli,; and I know it would be good scrumptious on pasta and shrimp but we're avoiding shellfish for the kids' sake. So go, try it! This is such an easy meal but definitely as good as Olive Garden!!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my, that picture is making my tummy grumble! Looks delicious!
Thanks for sharing. When I'm willing to indulge, I'll try this. :)

alisha said...

oh man, that looks wonderful!! I'll have to add it to my menu!!

Holly said...

Maybe I'm biased (of course I am) but I love my recipe for alfredo sauce, I'll have to send it to you. Included in my recipe about 1/3 cup sweet white wine, and it's so marvelous. It's Paul's favorite meal! I'll send that to you soon so you can try it... but this one does look good as well.