WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, April 6, 2009

School Zone


I'm having troubles remembering to sit down and plan out the activities I'm going to do with Eli during "school time", so a lot of days we just really haven't done anything. So I thought maybe starting a new weekly post for this would help me stay on top of it and give you some ideas as well. Since this week is a special week celebrating Easter we won't be focusing a lot on numbers and letters.

Monday-- Palm Sunday lesson
* Introduction to what happened this day.
* Go outside and find a small tree branch. Then read story and have child wave branch every time I say the word "Hosanna!"
* Review questions here.
* Activity: make paper craft Donkey.

Tuesday-- The Last Supper lesson
* Introduction.
* Message: Jesus washes the disciples feet, we should also do nice things for others.
* Read story.
* Review questions here.
* Talk specifically about what nice things we can do for Daddy, for Hannah, for friends...
* Activity: eat a piece of bread and talk again about what it represents.

Wednesday-- Jesus prays lesson
* Introduction.
* Message: Jesus prayed and God listened. We should pray, and God will listen to us.
* Read Bible story.
* Review questions here.
* Activity: coloring sheet.
* Read children's book: What is Prayer? by Kathleen Long Bostrom
* Sing "Jesus Taught Us How to Pray" song.

Thursday-- Jesus dies on the cross lesson
* Introduction.
* Message: Jesus forgives you.
* Read Bible story.
* Review questions here.
* Activity: sponge paint picture of cross. sponge paint colors all over paper then cut out shape of cross so it kind of looks like a stained-glass cross.
* Read children's book: Why Is There a Cross? by Kathleen Long Bostrom
* Sing "Jesus Loves Me"

Friday-- Jesus is Alive lesson
* Introduction.
* Message: Jesus came to life, so we can live with Him someday.
* Read Bible story.
* Review questions here.
* Read children's book: What about Heaven? by Kathleen Long Bostrom
* Activity: at bedtime make Easter story cookies ready for next morning


3 comments:

bp said...

Wonderful ideas to do this week! I think I'm going to take Caleb to an outdoor play about the life of Christ. I went to it when I was teaching at a private school and it was done really well. He knows the whole story now but I am not sure how he'll respond to the Cross. I can't remember exactly how it is portrayed in the play, it seems like you could hear a hammer but I don't remember what else. Anyway, I'm rambling!

Great ideas! I am the same way. At this time of year I get off my track of lessons/themes.

Jules said...

Hey, thanks for all of these great ideas!! This was very helpful for me! I was looking for some ideas when I decided to check your blog!

Love you!

Kelli said...

Wow you are amazing!! I hope that your week has been delightful :0)

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli