WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thy will be done.

UPDATE: My parents watched the kids yesterday so I could drive (3 more hrs away) to visit Jay and Lauren while I could. And oh, I'm sooo thankful for that time! Jay was actually the perkiest he'd been since he arrived at hospice last Friday (I think). He was up and sitting in a chair. He was awake and talking (a little bit), and he even tried to eat! But then all that excitement made him nauseous and he fell asleep. He can talk still but only a few short words, mumbled, he's starting to lose mobility (started with his right hand, now it's his whole ride side), and yesterday he said it was getting hard to chew. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for him to not be able to do things he used to. I have no idea how he's feeling inside about the idea of death. His pain is under control, and the family all seems to be doing very well, so long as Jay isn't hurting (physically). I guess he's been fighting this battle since February, but in all he's been fighting this battle off and on for about 6 years! And one way or another, it will soon be over.

But...

I'm still praying for a miracle. And I hope you'll pray with me.

Dear God,
We still know that you can do this. You can take this tumor out of Jay, so he can get up again and live to tell a wonderful story. You have the power to move mountains, calm the seas, and raise people from the dead. Please heal Jay and make him well again! Take all his pains away! But above all, we pray for Your will to be done. We know that you have a plan for Jay. You have his days numbered. You already know how this journey will go. And we know that YOUR plan is THE BEST plan, even if we don't understand it today, tomorrow, or even in 10 years. We know that good will come out of this. And we pray that in all of this YOU will still be glorified! Be with everyone surrounding this situation; comfort, strengthen, and love them, and bring them peace that passes all understanding. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

Original post follows:

I just found out yesterday morning that a college friend is now in hospice and expected to die anywhere between the next couple days to couple weeks. He's two years younger than me, so probably 24 years old. Since he was a senior in high school he's been battling on and off with a brain tumor. He fights hard and then appears to be "in the clear"... until the next appearance. I don't know if his latest seizure the other night was out of the blue or if he'd already been fighting, but either way, we know there's not much time. I wasn't real close with him, but he's a music friend I saw and spent time with most every day in college, and with groups like that you really get bonded with everyone. So even though I haven't kept in touch well since I graduated 4 years ago, I am deeply saddened by what's about to come. I just can't comprehend it. I've never even seen him sick. He and his new wife are both such happy people, always laughing about something, so it's hard to imagine that it's come to this, for real.

I'm thinking about going home this afternoon so I can visit them while I can. Just pray for everyone surrounding this situation, that God would glorified through all of this.

My friend's name is Jay, his wife is Lauren, and they both are Christian, praise the Lord!

5 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

Oh my goodness. This is very tragic. Jay is such a thoughtful, wonderful, life-filled person. Thanks for the update, Sarah. I will be praying and sharing this update with others.

Love you, Sarah.

bp said...

That is so sad to hear. I will put him and the family on my prayer list.

cryssi said...

I will be praying for your friend and his family. And for you in your decision.

Blessings
Crystal

Jules said...

Hey girl, I am praying for all of you. Especially for peace and strength for Jay and Lauren. Love you.

~Julie

Amy said...

Will be praying for them and you as you travel home to visit them.