WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Monday Meanderings, a day late

It was a such a busy, but wonderful, weekend with family here for Easter that yesterday I kind of took the day off at home. Which I feel kind of bad about because hubby didn't get that luxury. He was straight back to work. I, however, was the one cooking all weekend, so I suppose that counts for something too. Anyway, on with it...

Notice I'm trying to rearrange the order of my meanderings as they are priority in my life. Also in our frenzy to get the house cleaned for family coming last weekend, it came clear to my attention how greatly I lack in keeping things tidy. I thought I was doing okay, but then when it comes to getting ready for company and looking at the nitty gritty, I suddenly realize what areas have been failing. Sooo, a lot of efforts this week will relate to establishing housekeeping routines.

Bible Study
Contagious Joy (I haven't been too diligent about doing my reading every day, or even every week)

Husband Encouragement
Wake up at same time as Kevin in the morning. While he's in the shower make bed, start coffee, and put his lunch together. We were all sick last week so I didn't really get up early any days, and already this week we're off to a slow start.

Train Them Up
* Re-introduce Eli's chore chart
* Start introducing "blanket time" with Hannah

Personal Goal(s)
* Re-start my cleaning chart
* Work out 3x this week

Must Do
* Till garden! Not sure what tools to use. But we need to get STARTED before time passes us by! It's a late spring here and we're still waiting for warm weather (like above 50s please!)
* Put spare kids' outfits in the van. Last night both kids needed a spare outfit and I had none for either kid so both kids rode home in the van in just their diapers. Hannah threw up and Eli totally peed through his diaper. Lovely. Isn't that how it always works? The one time you don't have a change of clothes is the one time you actually need them.

Zone
Van trash. Enough said.

Menu Planning-- I'm mostly cleaning out leftover ingredients this week, so that makes planning a bit easier! I may even get out of a shopping trip!

Monday - we ended up taking a spontaneous trip to the city and ate while we were there
Tuesday - white sauce over ham and rice, green beans
Wednesday - ham and cheese omelets, pears
Thursday - pizza casserole, applesauce
Friday - taco pizza (didn't get to this last week)
Saturday - TBD
Sunday - Italian style rice and beans (we never got to this the other week), peaches

I've got recipes coming soon for yummy things we tried last week! =)

Fun Things
* I thought we were going to MOPS today. But since Hannah threw up at dinner last night, at the restaurant, we're keeping our distance today just in case, even though she seems completely fine.
* Nice weather coming this week! I just checked it, and it's actually going to be sunny and in the 60s this week! A great week for starting a garden!
* We might be having friends over this weekend!
* I'm going to use some birthday money and order a fun book for myself. =)

1 comment:

bp said...

What is blanket time?

I am glad you had a good weekend with family!

How fun to use birthday money for a fun book! Do you know what yet?

I have a question up today I'd like your answer to, it is something I struggle with. Thanks!