WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
I'm reading through the book Created to Be His Help Meet (thanks, Julie!) and a lot of that is like a Bible Study

Memory Verse
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:11

Husband Encouragement
For several weeks now I've been trying to not show exhaustion or frustration towards kids especially when Kevin gets home from work. (Because then it tends to make him feel exhausted and frustrated toward the kids) So I've been working to maintain a joyful attitude even though by that point in the day and especially nearing time for dinner prep I do feel quite tired. Anyhoo, this week I'm especially going to work to be nice to the cat. I'm sorry, but I hate the thing and am always showing irritation towards it. How unlovely of me! So I'm going to work on that!

Train Them Up
Finish the verse "Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right." Ephesians 6:1 I put it on the refrigerator and every time we open the door we have to practice the verse!

Personal Goal
to have a content and joyful attitude in all I do

Must Do
* go to courthouse for notarized signature on a document
* clean out the van
* get birthday cards ready to mail out

Zone
playroom closet (you'll be seeing pics of this one, uck!)

Menu - short menu for us this week, yay! you'll see why in a minute

Monday - sloppy joes, oven roasted potatoes, applesauce
Tuesday - *oriental chicken salad, mandarin oranges, green beans for kids
Wednesday - ground beef gravy over mashed potatoes, corn, peaches
Thursday - spaghetti, garlic bread, salad

* I only make the dressing from this recipe and then buy frozen chicken strips and bag salads. It's still sooo good!

Fun Things
* hopefully getting together with a new friend I met last week
* morning walks, I've been doing this with the kids and even Eli gets excited about it! It feels so great to get out!
* Good friends are coming to stay with us on Thursday night!
* Friday afternoon we're going home for Nannie's birthday
* Saturday even though we're at Kevin's parent's house, Kevin's letting me escape for a few hours to go hang out with a friend (no kids! just girl time!)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good Morning Sarah,

I feel your pain about the cat. When we first got our dog, who was then a cute little puppy, I hated it too. We were in an apartment then and every morning I had to mop up a peed on floor. I hated it! I was newly pregnant then and it was not my idea of how to start my day with morning sickness on top. Anyway, Sam loved the dog, but I did not and I knew that bothered him. I worked very hard to show niceness toward our dog and now I like her and am so glad we have her!! Also, the kids and I are working on Ephesians 6:1-3 too! What great verses! Take care. Jen Emert