WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Praise you in this storm.

Literally. We returned from a nice weekend back home only to find a great deal of storm damage that appeared to have happened just earlier that day. But in the midst of it I am very thankful...

* I am thankful there was no real damage to the house. Just a couple of small window leaks that can hopefully be fixed. No broken windows or anything.

* I thankful that none of the things that were damaged really matter all that much. We have lots of branches down (but not huge limbs), smashed garden and flowers, and the baby pool that covered the sand box totally blew away to who knows where! But it doesn't really matter. None of those things provide source of income or anything for us.

* Our big trash bin had blown over and away from the shed, so I am very thankful that it was empty (trash day was Friday) or animals might have strewn it all over the yard. I meant to take the trash out one more time before we left, and now I'm glad I forgot!

* I am thankful that we arrived home right in between storms. The rain had just stopped and we barely had time enough to get our bags and stuff inside before the next big storm rolled in.

Thank you, God, for your mighty protection!


No comments: