WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday

In my reading of Created to Be His Help Meet (amazing book!!), yesterday I learned what I kind of man God created Kevin to be and through that my eyes have been opened to a greater understanding and appreciation of my husband. The qualities God has given him are ones that can easily be taken for granted, and I am guilty too like so many other wives. But no longer! Today I am filled with great praise, so today to my husband...

* Thank you for being a rock for our family--for being so steady, dependable, and faithful that we know we can put trust in you.
* Thank you for being wise and cautious and protective, for making careful decisions.
* Thank you for being such a hard worker and wonderful provider for our family.
* Thank you for being my friend and companion and allowing me to walk beside you through life's journeys.
* Thank you for your peace and safety and steady assurance that you will love and care for us.

You are a wonderful man, and I am so thankful for the man God has created you to be!

1 comment:

bp said...

I have not read that book, thanks for mentioning it.

I posted another review, I don't know if you saw it. It's called How to Raise a Modern Day Joseph. I thought of you as I was reading it b/c it is so practical and stuff you probably already do, but had a bunch of fun ideas for families.

Hope you're having a nice weekend!