WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Meanderings


Bible Study
finish word study on thankfulness

Memory Verse
Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

Husband Encouragement
make a dessert. I don't do this very often, and I think it's about time!

Train Them Up
Ephesians 5:2 "Imitate God. Live a life of love." This is simplified, but I think it would be good for the kids to learn. We can do a lot of activities throughout the week to help learn the meaning of this verse. What does it mean to imitate? We can do a game in which the kids copy what I'm doing. And we canread and talk a lot about what God is like. God is love. What things are loving and what things are not loving...

Personal Goal
I try to get to town 3x a week to go walking with the kids, but that's been hard to commit to when the weather's hot or we have things going on. So when I can't do that, I'd like to do my in-home walking video with Leslie Sansone. Hmm, quite a switch from doing P90X, but at least it's something!

Must Do
* keep looking for the kids' shot record booklet
* send a letter
* emails
* budget

Zone
Basement room. Right now it's piled full with all our storage bins and boxes, but we would like to clean it up and make it a usable room for something, laying out the carpet we just pulled up from the office.

Menu

Monday - chow mein, oranges
Tuesday - taco skillet, pineapple
Wednesday - breakfast casserole
Thursday - Mommy night out!
Friday - French dip sandwiches, ranch potato wedges, waldorf salad
Saturday - brats, green beans, apples
Sunday - Mediterranean pasta, garlic bread, peaches

Dessert: carrot cake

Fun Things
* Tuesday, shopping with Mom in Omaha!
* Thursday is a mommy's night out with some ladies from church!
* Friday, family coming visit whom we haven't seen in a looong time, well before the kids' days!

3 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

LESLIE walking DVD!!!! :) :) :) She's amazing! I walk with her everyday (or whenever I don't skip out. :) What's your favorite DVD of hers?

LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Jules said...

You have encouraged me,as always! I love reading your list every week! It helps me so much.

I love Leslie, too! I have 2 of her videos and I alternate weekly! Which ones do you have? The girls love the one where she shows you how to make breakfast! So funny!

Hope you are having a great week!(so far, anyway)
Love you!!

In Light of the Truth... said...

I just have "The Walk Diet" with Leslie. It's really not even hard at all, just encourages MOVEMENT! Maybe tomorrow I'll try it with the kids around and see if it's anything they like. What videos do you guys have??