WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Monday Meanderings - Aug. 23

Bible Study... Mission of Motherhood

Memory Verse... Proverbs 16:3
"Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established."

Husband Encouragement... 
* praise him
* stay off the computer and either be productive or spend focused time with family
* plan a date
* have a joyful attitude throughout the day

Train Them Up... 
* Eli - practice sight words, word families, have him wipe himself {gross, I know, but now that he's going to school he needs to do it ALL by himself}, listen with enthusiasm about his school days, pray with him before he goes into class
* Hannah - establish a one-on-one routine with her. {Carter will be napping while Eli's at school}  I'm so excited for this.  I'm thinking tea time.
* Carter - make baby food

Personal Goals... 
* read two chapters in my book
* put my lotion on regularly (3x a day!) so my hands can actually get better

New Habit of the Month...
* Get up before the kids.  I aint gonna lie to you, I'm not doing too good with this.  But maybe things will change with Eli going to school somewhat first thing in the morning.  It's also Kevin's 4 days off though, and I like to stay in bed next to him in the mornings for as long as possible.  So we'll see.
* July habit: completely clean off couches at the end of the day {still working on this}
* June habit: wipe down bathroom counter nightly {I used my Clorox wipes for something last week and now I need to get them back in the bathroom so I can do this again!}

MUST Do...
* continue calling Moppet workers
* set up a meeting date with them
* order contacts {umm, yeah I had that on my list to do several weeks ago, and I never did it}
* return pan to someone from church
* clean out the van post-vacation {still have an excess of toys and books in there right now}

Zone... Living room {including UNDER COUCHES} AND kitchen.  there are still things laying around that were "dumped" when we got back from vacation.

Menu -

M - ham and mac n cheese or ham and hash browns sort of thing
T - date?
W - taco salad
Th - Omaha
F -TBD
S - air show - we'll probably be back around dinner time but very tired, I imagine, so we'll do something super easy
Su - homemade pizza

FUN THINGS!
* Eli starts preschool!!  I'm sooo excited for him!
* Date on Tuesday maybe
* Day trip to visit Kevin's family Thursday while our van windshield gets fixed in Omaha
* Ouffit air show on Saturday.  Meeting family there as a celebration of my brother Paul's birthday!

3 things I'm thankful for today...
1. My husband. He's pretty great.
2. Our little family.  We are truly blessed.
3. Days off.  Excited to have Kevin home for the next 4 days.  =)

Join me with your plans for your home this week,  and leave your link below so I can come visit you!  Be blessed! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know where you're getting your windshield fixed?? Paul and I have found a great place that's not very expensive - we really like them!

Also, "Millard Days" is happening all week in Omaha, and if you want to take the kids to a carnival, you can look up the schedule online!

Have a good week! --Holly (it wouldn't let me enter my url in the comment....)

In Light of the Truth... said...

Holly, I have no idea what kind of searching Kevin did for a window place, but he's got an appointment set up for Metro Glass??

Thanks for letting me know about Millard Days... sounds fun!

S Club Mama said...

The Air Show is so fun. We went when it was in Lincoln the year before Tristan was born. Seriously fun time. :)

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

With regards to your "gross" thought... we find that Colby loves doing it himself using the Kandoo wipes from the pop up bin. He learned to use just 1 at a time and so that seemed to work for us. I think he thinks the lid popping open is cool, heck whatever works!

What time is his preschool? 9-11:30 like ours? Cman goes MWF too is that when Eli is going? Schedule takes a little getting used to to get everyone up, dressed, fed and out the door on time and then back to put PJ in for his nap. But that in between downtime with Hannah will be so well worth having him explore with other children. It's good for him, socialization, learning, interactive play, things kids should do in a social and supervised setting geared for just their age bracket.

Oh and side note, we have a magic bullet and I loved it for making baby food. And I also found the frozen winter squash to be so perfect for right "out of the box" baby food. It was totally pureed already so I let it thaw and moved it into small containers and froze them individually for a perfect serving size. He gobbled it right up!

have a great week!