WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monday Meanderings - AUGUST 1


How can it possibly be August already??! Ahh, I'm not ready for this! Summer's almost over and I feel like we've hardly done anything fun!! Eli starting preschool is right around the corner, August 23, and we're swinging into this whole new life of activities--Sunday school class, AWANA, preschool. And MOPS is starting again in September so as our Moppet Coordinator things are gearing up pretty quickly. It's hard to get focused and switch gears from everything that's been going on this summer with the house! Whew! One week at a time though, so here we go...

Bible Study
Created to Be His Help Meet (I'm on the last few chapters and then hopefully I'll be sharing about it)

Memory Verse Proverbs 10:19
"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise."

Husband Encouragement
* Compliment him more
* Have more patience with children
* Help him pack for weekend

Train Them Up
* school lessons, letter G/Grapes- I'm getting excited for this!
* help Eli make thank you notes
* afternoon activities for Eli (I've been thinking that maybe the first 45 minute/1 hr of his afternoon quiet time could be in his room reading or whatever, and then the second half be some quiet activities working on handwriting/scissors, etc
* take them to the library, it's been sooo long since we've done this!
* work on developing patience for loud play or tell them "if you going to do that, can you go to the play room". trying to work on saving my No's for things {heart issues} that really matter and not get so bothered by kid stuff

Personal Goal
read 2 chapters in my book

New Habit of the Month
** Get up before the kids. Two or three days last week I actually got up before the kids, I'm impressed! =)
* July habit: completely clean off couches at the end of the day
* June habit: wipe down bathroom counter nightly

MUST DO
* pay post office dues
* call the preschool {since Kevin and I will be out of town for parent orientation night}
* work on arranging Moppet workers for the year
* finalize plans/start lists for next week's vacation to Colorado!
* order contacts
* kill the flies. it's getting pretty disgusting here!

Zone - office

Menu - it's kind of a busy week for us. Thursday afternoon Kevin's heading off to MN for the weekend, Friday we'll be in Omaha, and Saturday my mom will be here

M - ham and cheesy hash browns
T - broccoli cheese breakfast bake
W - creamy tomato-basil pasta with chicken
Th - taco nachos
F - Omaha
S - TBD
Su - leftovers

FUN Things!
* might plan a play date
* Kevin's going up to MN to spend some time with his sister this weekend so while he's gone I planned my own fun things! LOL Paul and Holly are taking Eli to the train museum as his birthday present, and Mom and I are going to do some shopping with the littles. Looking for decor and fabrics for our new rooms. Then my mom is coming back to our house with us and spending the day with us on Saturday.

3 Things I'm Thankful for Today:
1. Got a whole afternoon out with just my hubby on Saturday! It went way too fast, and all we did was errands (without kids!!), but it was wonderful! We're like completely different people when it's just the two of us!
2. The sound of our freezer making ice FOR ME! We got a new fridge a few months ago but just this past weekend Kevin finally got the water hooked up to it for the water/ice dispenser! Pretty excited about it!
3. My husband who actually knows HOW TO DO all these crazy things!! I'd be lost without him!

Alrighty, wowzers, that took a long time this week! BUT as always, I LOVE having a plan for my week! Because with three little ones once we get rolling it's hard to stop and think about anything and then before we know it, our day/week is gone! So join me with your plans! Click HERE (or the sidebar picture) for the rules, and leave your link below! Have a great week, ladies!


1 comment:

Holly said...

Sorry!! I was fooling around and my link obviously doesn't go anywhere. Here's the actual link:
http://pdb.homelinux.net/~holly/2010/08/monday-meanderings-2/