WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, June 1, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 1

Hello!! If you have decided to do the challenge with me here on this blog, welcome! I'm so glad! I pray that this challenge blesses you and your marriage as much as it does for myself. My hope is that this will help me practice patience and taming my tongue, and as a result be more encouraging, supportive, sweet, loving, and above all respectful. And with Father's Day during the month of June, we have an extra reason and opportunity to display the love and appreciation we should always have for our husbands!

I do want to take the time to say that I did not write any of this challenge. I just found it on the reviveourhearts.com website. I found it interesting and helpful and decided to take on the challenge myself, inviting others to join me. I would love for you leave comments or post a short blog each day about how you're doing--struggles, how it's helping, changes in yourself, in your husband, in your marriage. And I will try to leave updates as well.

So now for the challenge...

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

We're so glad you've decided to accept the "30-Day Encouragement Challenge" to encourage your husband! Your decision means that you truly want to be a blessing in your home. This challenge will also result in spiritual growth in your own life. We'd like to encourage you to keep track of what God does in your marriage over this next month. We hope you'll take time to share what God does in your home as you bless and encourage your spouse.

June 1st--DAY 1
"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life."
Prov. 31:11-12


To refresh your memory...here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge...for the next 30 days:
  • You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...AND to someone else, about your husband!

To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner. One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget--a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

**Alright, so that's the challenge. Follow the rules: #1 Nothing negative to or about your husband. #2 Say something you admire about your husband TO your husband AND to someone else. If you'd like, leave a comment here and share with others what it is you admire about your husband. I'd love to hear! And if you do something special for your husband, share your ideas! My hope is that throughout this challenge we can help pray for and encourage each other as well!

So if you're in this with me today, sign your name below...



2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

So last night we had a big spill in the oven, first with pizza, then again while making custard pie (hubby's fav) and this morning while attempting to clean, I was telling my mom (who's visiting this week) how Kevin is always so good about doing the heavy duty cleaning like oven, stove, drains, etc. While I may be the one doing the work this time, today it's something I recognize and appreciate that it's something hubby usually does for me. I also appreciate how he WOULD do the day-to-day stuff (like vacuuming, mopping, etc) if I ever ask him to, and I appreciate that too. He's a good man. Just wanted to share that with anyone who comes by.

sarah marie said...

Hi Sarah,

I found your blog a few weeks ago from another blog (I can't remember which one now!)

I got married five months ago, and I enjoy reading your thoughts on marriage and life as a Christian wife and mother. I'm looking forward to reading your husband encouragement ideas!