WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

90-day Challenge: New workout routine


At the beginning of the new year Kevin and I both decided to make this a year of fitness and really work to find some sort of workout routine that would work for us and our busy lives. That's not an easy thing to do, especially when you have kids! The time is simply not there! I've tried videos before but got bored with them. It's hard to get out walking with the kids and impossible during the winter months. I'd love to have a treadmill or an elliptical machine at home, but that's just out of the question--too much money and not enough space for such equipment in the first place. Going to a gym not only means dragging the kids along or finding a separate time to go without them, but it means another bill which we just really don't need right now. So you get the idea. Just finding a workout routine is HARD. My dearest husband took the time on his own to look around on the internet and came across a plan he was eager to try and do together with ME! Woah, now that's not something to turn down, I don't care what it is! It's called P90X and is a very intense routine that cycles through 12 different DVDs targeting different muscle groups. So we won't get bored and our bodies won't get bored either! We chose to get a set of resistance bands since dumbell sets are crazy expensive. There's also a diet that goes along with it, and we'll try to follow it some but I know we can't follow it exactly. A lot of it is just not appealing food at all! But we'll try to make some adjustments to our food choices! So that's the new routine. We've done 2 days so far, and I'm definitely feeling it. I'm excited to start getting a little more fit (even if I don't look like the people on the website!!) but I'm mostly excited to have something that Kevin and I can work on together!

1 comment:

bp said...

I think my hubby saw this on TV the other night. It sounds like what he said at least. I'll be interested to see how it works.