WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Monday Meanderings

My brother's wedding is NEXT WEEKEND in Colorado!!! Kevin's working nights again this week, and pretty much as soon as he gets home in the morning Thursday we head out, returning Sunday! Since Kevin will be unfit to drive much, if at all, I'm caravanning (yes, I'm making it a word now) with my parents so between the two of them and myself we can have a triangle of drivers so that we can each have a break when needed.

I just keep adding more and more into the mix, so bear with me! =)

Bible Study/Devotions
Galatians

Personal Goal
* Get up before kids. I did okay the last time Kevin was on nights because my motivation was to get up so I could greet him when he got home in the morning, but as soon as he was done with that shift I had troubles getting up again. Now it's time to get back to it.

Must Do
* Take van in for oil change.
* Figure out how to "up-do" my hair for the wedding.
* Clean up Kevin's pants (they're new pants and there are sticky spots from the tags that were on them) and find his shirt and tie.
* Pick out rehearsal outfits.
* Return library books.

Zone
* The Van. Clean it up, give it a car wash, and gets seats ready for the drive.

Train Them Up
* We've enjoyed starting "school time" this past week with Eli, but now it's time for me to start finding activities to do together with Hannah too.

Menu Planning--only 3 days this week, yay!! I don't know if it's because Hannah's getting another tooth or if it's just a phase, but she's been refusing almost all food lately! Even things she liked just the day before! It's been sooo frustrating as I'm trying to provide nutrition while at the same time establishing "it's this or nothing" rule. I'm just exhausted from 3 meals every day having fussing from the kids, so I'm going to try to have some kid-friendly meals this week just to give ourselves a short break.

Monday - personal pizzas (need to finish pizza sauce from last week's hot pizza subs)

Tuesday - chicken and rice soup

Wednesday- pasta with alfredo sauce, green beans, applesauce

Fun Things
* Umm, my brother's wedding, if you haven't caught on yet!! Thursday night is the bachelorette party (dinner, laser tag, then games), Friday morning is manicure/pedicure for bridesmaids and bride, Friday night is rehearsal and dinner, Saturday is WEDDING, and Sunday is return trip! Kevin and I are both in the wedding so my cousin and aunt will be watching the kids for us. We haven't seen them since Eli was 10 months old, so they're excited to get to know the kids better, and we sure appreciate they're help!

Prayer Requests
* Preparing and calming Paul and Holly for upcoming marriage! We are all sooo excited for them and can't wait to officially welcome Holly to our family!
* Safety for everyone traveling for wedding.
* Calm kids and patient mommy during our 8-hr drive, rest for Kevin, and energy for me driving.
* Pray that the kids do well with my cousin and aunt, even though they don't know them well, and that they are flexible as their schedule will be off for a few days.
* That everything with the wedding will be a joyful testimony of CHRIST!
* Praise--I get to go to the grocery store BY MYSELF this week since Kevin's home! Granted I don't have much food to get anyway because of the short week, but still it's a blessing to have this MUCH NEEDED break from the stress I've been lately regarding that!
* Praise--Kevin was actually home this weekend to go to church with us! I was able to visit with other moms for a long time following church, since I wasn't loaded with both kids, and that was refreshing!
* Praise--YOUR fellowship and friendship through blog land is a great blessing to me! I never feel alone as I go through my daily journeys! Thank you!

Question of the week:
Do you have a favorite devotional book you've been using? I've never been good at daily Bible reading. I guess I just don't know what to read or where to start! I'm okay with Bible-in-a-year reading plans, but then I want some reading that has to do with my daily life (like New Testament reading) in addition. It's one of my goals to find a devotional book, but I really have no idea what's out there and what's good. So please, share your ideas!

2 comments:

bp said...

Sounds like a busy week! I hope you have a safe trip to the wedding and everything works out beautifully for that.

My Mom gave us a good book I've enjoyed reading, it's called The One Year Walk with God devotional. There's been some good thoughts in there. I also like the Women of Faith books, I'm doing one now called Contagious Joy. I'll email you!! I have more to say than to put in a comment box!!

Sharon said...

Have a safe trip! And congrats to your brother. :) How exciting!

For daily prayer I have a Bible day-by-day book I really like. It's breif, but that is good so it's easier for me to get to each day.
There is a different Bible verse each day, often from a different book of the Bible, and a reflection to go with it.
I really enjoy it.