WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Meanderings


Bible Study/Devotions
* Continue reading in 1 John.

Personal Goal
* Start new workout plan. Stay tuned for more on that!

Must Do
* Drop off recycles. I was told there was a place in town, but after three drive-bys I just can't find it, and our bin is FULL and in great need of being emptied.
* Start painting Hannah's room. In order to have it done for her birthday in two weeks, we have to get started! Her crib is in progress, now we just need to start on the walls.
* Set up Hannah's well-baby visit.

Zone
* Bedrooms. Now that our carpet is getting done today, we can finally start filling our dressers and officially unpacking.

Train Them Up
* I did a little of this last week, and I thought it could be a good routine to continue: I'd read the Bible with the kids during their breakfast, and then once they were done eating, we'd do a couple worship songs on the piano. It was a great way to start the day!

Menu Planning
--we're trying to follow a sort of diet plan, so our menus our definitely going UP in price, but hopefully we'll be seeing a difference in our health and fitness soon!
Monday - lasagna soup (saw this in a magazine a couple days ago, and it looks delicious! Plus I have ricotta cheese to finish up from last week's margarita pizza)
Tuesday - beef and broccoli stir fry
Wednesday - lemon-garlic chicken, broccoli, oranges
Thursday - steak and arugula salad, pears
Friday - turkey burger, oven roasted potatoes, homemade applesauce
Saturday -Italian chicken breasts, cooked carrots, peaches
Sunday - beef roast with vegetables, mashed potatoes

Notes from last week: For lunch I made curried chicken salad for my parents' visit on Saturday, and it's definitely a keeper! I liked it so much I made it again today for lunch! It's a lot of ingredients, but mostly things I have on hand anyway and easy to throw together! Light and fresh tasting. Find the recipe HERE. (scroll down the page a little until you find it)

1 comment:

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I saw that soup recipe in family fun the other day too, and its on my plan for next week! :)