WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

If you have children under 3 yrs, read this!

My friend Kristen has taken the time over at her blog to educate us on child safety regarding forward/rear-facing car seats. And was I surprised at what I read! I had no idea! Apparently even though your child may meet the age and weight requirement to switch to forward-facing, it is NOT safe. AT ALL. Here we were just gearing up to switch Hannah since her 1st birthday is just over a week away, but now I think we'll leave her rear-facing. Go read for more information! I know it's long but take the time to read it--it could save your child's life!

2 comments:

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

I'm so glad it helped.

I do still find it interesting though that your doctors and all those people at the stores will just keep reminding you about the 1 yr and 20 pounds mark - never do they let you know it is OK and actually better to keep them rear facing. Hopefully someday they'll change the laws now that car seats can hold children rf longer.

And Hannah and Eli should be fun if you have 1 forward and 1 back - they could look and talk to each other keeping each other occupied. Definitely makes it easier then on you to drive. :)

That's what friends are for, right!

In Light of the Truth... said...

It's been one forward and one backward with Eli and Hannah for this whole year and they have lots of fun playing together. We have captain's chairs in our van, but we've pushed them together so they can play. Eli's actually a really great help in the car and will give her toys etc since I can't while driving with her directly behind me. I AM looking forward to the new seat though and have buckles that can extend looser to actually fit her better! Right now they're so tight I can barely get them buckled with winter coats on!