WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Activity: Musical Art

This was part of Eli's school time yesterday and I got the idea from the Slow and Steady book. I didn't read through the whole activity but just caught a glimpse of it enough to get the idea.

Beforehand I selected four different songs in iTunes (I only played parts of the songs though), alternating between a fast song and a slow song. Then I set Eli up with paper and a crayon color of his choice. I told him to listen to the music and when it was fast to color fast, and when the music was slow to color slowly. As the songs came on I had to explain it again, but he caught on. I think once he got started coloring fast he just wanted to keep coloring fast, regardless of slow music. But in the end I still praised him for his efforts on his beautiful musical art! Hannah was up from her nap at the time so we got to dance together while Eli colored. =)

Can you tell what he colored fast and what he colored slowly? =)

4 comments:

bp said...

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh I want to do this with Caleb! Fun!

Bethany said...

Mr Rogers did this the other day! well - it was on TV the other day - prob taped 20 years ago ;)

Mary said...

Yet another clever idea!

alisha said...

Fun. I think we'll have to give that a try!! Good idea Sarah!