WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Healthy alternatives


As part of our P90X workout, we're trying to make a few healthy exchanges in our diet. The first part of the program follows a high-protein diet. Instead of flat-out cutting things out of our menu we're trying to make some exchanges:

* Turkey bacon instead of regular bacon (this actually isn't too bad at all!)
* Scrambled egg whites instead of whole egg (the recipe says to add cheese and a little bit of milk, but I still need a lot more flavor to make this edible to me. Anyone used to eating egg whites? Have any ideas? I was thinking of making it omlette-like with green peppers n stuff, but haven't gotten to it yet)
* Ground turkey instead of ground beef (not always but some things can disguise the flavor change)
* Fresh fruit instead of canned

And protein snack options:
* Cheese stick
* Cottage cheese
* Cashews
* Pistachios
* Turkey Jerky instead of Beef Jerky

Julie has posted some weight-loss tips over at her blog, so go check 'em out, and then join us in a journey to healthy living!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I didn't realize you were doing P90X!
I have not tried it, but a guy we went to college with lost over 100 pounds on that program! He looks amazing.
How long have you been following it? I need to get more info.

I may join you. We got SO off track w our diet while moving. Did you guys at all?