WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Five: Planning Meals

Five Benefits of Weekly Meal Planning:
  1. More organization = less stress. I love only having to plan meals once a week, instead of every other day thinking "what are we going to have for dinner tonight?? ...what are we going to have? ...what are we going to have???" That's just plain frustrating and annoying.
  2. Less trips to the store = less gas. Not only am I making less trips to the store which is also a pain, especially when errands like that have to be carefully arranged around a certain one's nap schedule, and it certainly isn't MINE! Less errands also means using less gas!
  3. More flexibility. For example, two days ago I realized I had run out of an ingredient I needed for that night's crockpot meal. Since I had several other meals lined up, I could easily just swop the dinner plans and run to the store the next day.
  4. Less temptation to eat out because meals are already planned = money saved.
  5. Less money on grocery bills. I can more easily plan out how to use the most of my ingredients. Say I need green onions for Meal #1. I can then find meals for later in the week to use up my remaining green onions. And since I'm only going to the store once a week, there are less impulse buys.
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meal Planning keeps me so organized. EVERYTHING runs much more smoothly in the house when I stick to meal planning. :)

And yes, the money we save is great.
Good list of benefits. I agree!
Have a nice weekend.

Kathleen said...

What do you do when your family won't plan their meals (I make brekfast and one supper, mom/dad/brother make the others)? I've tried to convince them it would be much more frugal, time- and money-saving, but all to no avail!