WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday: The Closet

Hubby and I have been running out of hangers in our closet lately. Fortunately (I guess), there's always something that's in the laundry so we've been able to get by. But running out of hangers means... new stuff has been coming in, but old stuff hasn't been going out. We certainly don't need MORE clothes and thus we certainly don't need more hangers! So today's tackle is... (drum roll, please)..to sift out some of the clothes we no longer wear AND in the same day bag them up and take them to Goodwill. Already by 7:00 this morning I had finished sorting through our closet and created a large "to-go" pile. I also remembered I have a whole bin of pre-pregnancy clothes that no longer fit. I mostly (but not quite) have my weight back to where it should be, but my figure has changed quite a bit (my boobs are even bigger, making shirts now way too short, revealing those oh-so-lovely stretch marks) and I guess my style has changed having matured with being a new mommy. Soo... as much as I would like to think that I could one day fit into those clothes, today is the day... I must let go. Even if I were to be that size again, I'm not sure that's my style anyway. So right alongside Hubby's high school jerseys will be my tiny college-day tees.

And just to prove that I really am busy at work, here are the pictures...

The Closet, Before

The "To-Go-" Pile, still more to add
(notice all the free hangers!)

The Closet, After
(yeah, I know, it's hard to tell the difference)
LATER

The pile is growing!
All done and bagged up ready to go!

And I'm proud to say the clothes are dropped off and the tackle is...well, tackled!

To see more Tackles visit 5 Minutes for Mom. Happy Tuesday, everyone!!

7 comments:

Not the Waltons said...

You are doing a wonderful job over there! Keep it up! I have had 6 children since I was 19, am now 27, and no matter how much I wish I would, I don't think my clothes from long ago will ever fit either, mostly because of body shape change than weight...and you are right, becoming a mother certainly matures our style a bit ;o) Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing future tackles!

BLessings!

Beckaboo said...

Wow!! It is so refreshing to go through and clean out our closets. :o) Great tackle!

Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on tackling your task at hand! I'm sure it feels great to get that out of the way and completed. Justin and I have been working hard lately to scale down all the "extras" we have around our home. It can be daunting!

Side note to previous post - losing weight is hard but my mom once put it into perspective saying that if you're working out and drinking water, you'll still gain some muscle weight while losing some of that extra stuff. Thinking of that always helps me! :)

Happy Spring!

Rae Lynne said...

Great job on tackling your task at hand! I'm sure it feels great to get that out of the way and completed. Justin and I have been working hard lately to scale down all the "extras" we have around our home. It can be daunting!

Side note to previous post - losing weight is hard but my mom once put it into perspective saying that if you're working out and drinking water, you'll still gain some muscle weight while losing some of that extra stuff. Thinking of that always helps me! :)

Happy Spring!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. :) I'm a first-time visitor (found yours via Meal Plan Mondays). I'll be back!

Impressive work on the closet.
And on theprevious post...I think we'll try your crock pot pork this coming week. Thanks for sharing!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Wonderful job! It's hard to let go of those "old" clothes, isn't it? Way to go on getting all those clothes out of there!!

Laurel said...

it's amazing how much the body shape changes, eh? i'm 4 months post partum, and coming to the realization that those lovely clothes just aren't going to fit. ever. ah well. i'd rather have my daughter than the perfect body!!