WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, March 9, 2007

I'm a homebody and proud of it!

All my life I've always said, "I just want to be a mom". Yet after high school I went on to college and got a degree and throughout those 4 years where everyone is focused on starting careers I felt bad for wanting to "just stay home". But as I was reading A Wife After God's Own Heart, I was given a whole new perspective as author Elizbeth George writes:

"I have to say that I am a homebody. Why? Because that's where my husband is, where my children were in days gone by, where my home is, and where the preparations required to teach God's Word to the women in my church (a part of my service to God's people) took place for so many years. Because that's where my heart is, was, and ever will be."

Home is where my family is! And keeping the home, taking care of children, and serving my husband are my God-given priorities! There's no shame in that at all! So today I'm proud to say I'm a homebody!

1 comment:

~Amanda said...

So for some reason I noticed that you have been blogging for more than three years! That's amazing. I decided to take a look at your first month's posts (much better than working on the paper for my class!). I love this post, and I think that book will need to be on my list of books to read sometime. The saying on the wall in our basement is "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Mathew 6:21" I'm a homebody too, and figured it was just because I wasn't very social anymore. Now I don't feel bad about it! This is where I'm comfortable! This is where I want to be! I do love the time that I spend contributing at the work place too - just glad it isn't full time so that I can have more time at home to do the things that Elizabeth George writes about.