WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Be Thankful: Nov. 12


This week I am thankful for some quality time with the kids. The last two days we've had workers here installing the new windows in our upstairs. Kevin's been sleeping in the basement, and the kids and I just hang out in the living room, play room, and office. Can't do errands, can't do chores, can't go outside, so I've really had some good time to just hang out and play with the kids. Not the WHOLE time but at least I was more focused on them instead of flitting around the house doing this and that and dragging the kids with me all over town. It's been kind of nice just doing puzzles, playing games, reading, making cookies, and working on school time. And while they have TV time or blanket time I've had a lot of time to do some Bible reading, today with a word study on praise. TONS of great verses I came across there and will continue tomorrow! It's just been a good, calm couple of days, so much so that I just might have to set at least one day like this every week!

I am also super thankful to my wonderful husband for some house projects he's been working on the last two days during his nights off. We're still not done, but he did a lot of cleaning in the basement (so he could sleep down there) and in the process had a lot of mice to deal with too. So I am VERY thankful for that work! And he also fixed our kitchen sink pipes. They were leaking underneath and smelling HORRIBLE because of bits of food that would get in there with it. I couldn't even open the cupboard for a new trash bag without getting a big whiff of nastiness. So I'm so thankful he got that tackled last night! Men are such a vital part of running a home, I can't imagine doing any of this on my own! Thanks, hun!

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

No comments: