WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Endurance.

I am bummed.

The outage that was supposed to be over on Thursday for Kevin has been delayed a few days, cutting into the 6 days off he was supposed to have next week. Instead he works 2 nights in the middle of that break, so he won't be able to switch back to days at all. Meaning Kevin will still be on nights until the 15th. *sigh*

I am just so tired of this. Tired of him being on this opposite life from me and the kids. I want him to come to church with us, be awake when we're awake, sleep next to me at night, help out around the house, be around to watch the kids every once in awhile, go with us to weddings, birthday parties, and potlucks . He's been missing out on sooo much I can hardly take another day of it! And knowing that he has to work Christmas day this year just makes me feel even more lousy. We have family coming in back home, so the kids and I definitely want to be there and stay around for awhile. But poor Kevin will have to head back for work. Yuck.

It's harder to kind of see your husband than it is to not see him at all. You know? If someone's away, you settle into that. But this in and out, opposite schedule business is driving me crazy!

Anyway, before I go to bed just feeling crummy, I'm trying to find something to lift me up a bit. Just a little reminder of the greater life...

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:9-14

Hoping for a better day tomorrow... Good night!

No comments: