WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, November 2, 2009

My Mission Statement for the Home.

I'm now into the second half of the book Created to Be His Help Meet, and it focuses on Titus 2:3-5 and woman's domain over the home. A favorite passage:
"When a woman soberly considers the needs, time schedule, and resources of her home, then she will be a more efficient help meet. This planning will eliminate tension and help set a peaceful mood. It is the simple things in life that can break down a marriage and bring out a bitter divorce. But on the positive side, it is the simpler planning of life's activities that can bring health, prosperity, peace, and happiness to a sound marraige and produce gratifying family relationships. Men (and children) appreciate good meals, a clean house, and an atmosphere of peace--a refuge from the stress of life." (147-8)
Reading this reminded me so much of what I've come up with as my personal mission statement (Day 3's challenge of the 31 Days to Clean challenge) When writing my statement I adapted a quote that's always stuck with me from reading The Power of a Praying Wife in the first year of our marriage. So here is my personal mission statement for how I want to keep our home:

I strive to see that the heart of my home is a peaceful sanctuary--a source of contentment, acceptance, rejuvenation, nurturing, rest, and love for my family--while at the same time remaining a place of instruction, comfort, and joy.

It seems like a lot to tackle especially with two, soon to be three, little ones in the house. But I do feel it is so important, so I'm going to work to keep this atmosphere my goal. And most of all, that starts with my attitude.
"A wise woman doesn't let little things stir her spirit to agitation. With a quiet and meek spirit, she seeks to make all things better." (153)
This of course comes from one of my favorite Bible verses, "[Your beauty] should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:4 That sounds so beautiful and sweet, but is so, so, so hard to DO!!

So with all that in mind, this is my focus for the week:
* to be productive with my time and work hard to really tidy up all the way and follow my cleaning schedule (this means maybe posting it so I actually SEE it every day!)
* to have a good attitude
* to not get upset over the little things, allowing it to "stir my spirit to agitation"
* to spend time in the word and in prayer every day (even if it's just a little bit) so I can keep my peace and focus

And with that, I must sign off and get to work!

No comments: