WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
I've got an "assignment" to look up a bunch of words about being a good wife.

Memory Verse
"[Your beauty] should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:4

Husband Encouragement
* pizza tonight. Kevin requested it, so I've hopefully adjusted the kids' and my eating schedule enough so we can eat a super early dinner before Daddy leaves for work at 5pm.
* find something quiet for the kids to play with when Kevin wakes up in the afternoon. I've been feeling bad about that lately. The kids are in the middle of their day and loud and rowdy and Kevin's wake up right into that, and I can imagine how unpleasant that probably is. They don't particularly do well when I just tell them to be quiet, because they're excited that daddy is up, so I'll try to find something I know will interest them and keep them occupied for a little bit while Kevin wakes up.

Train Them Up
* memory verse: "Be joyful always." 1 Thessalonians 5:16
* as a parent, practice self-control and watch my tone of voice. Speak to my children respectfully. ie, don't use angry tone of voice when telling my son not to be angry.

MUST Do
* send out MOPS postcards
* take milk jugs to recycling. all THREE of big bins are full!

Personal Goals
* I did my walking video once already this morning, so my goal is to do it one more day this week. More is better though! But seeing as I didn't follow through at all last week, I'm sticking with realistic for this week.
* Keep track of how much water I drink. I'm not very good about staying hydrated!

Zone
Living room. Keep it clean and retidy, even if it's 3x a day that we do a pick-up. Vacuum twice in a day if needed, but keep it clean. (We have a snuggle couch blanket that I've recently washed and now it's fuzzing all over the rug pretty bad) Take a day to actually move couches (if I can) and vacuum behind them. Go through mail items that are laying all over. And put ALL toys away.

Menu Plan

Monday - pizza (Kevin's request)
Tuesday - brats, oven roasted potatoes, oranges
Wednesday - hot chicken casserole, peaches
Thursday - taco casserole, pineapple
Friday - either home visiting family or we'll go out
Saturday - at Grandma's
Sunday - at Grandma's

FUN THINGS!
* Thursday night is Kevin's last night of outage shift! (well, tentatively. it is still subject to change) He'll then get just a little bit of sleep and Friday or Saturday we're heading home to visit with Kevin's family since they haven't seen the kids since Eli's birthday back in July!! Considering we're just 2.5 hrs away, that's a long time for no visit!


Join me with YOUR meaderings! And thanks always for stopping by!

No comments: