WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
joy and thankfulness word studies

Memory Verse
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

Husband Encouragement
Kevin gets home about 6:30am every morning and many days makes us a hot breakfast. But one day this week I will get up and make him a breakfast before he heads off to sleepyville. I'm gonna make cranberry scones! Yumm!

Train Them Up
* Kind words even when I walk away. Does it ever seem that your kids fight more as soon as you walk away to go do something? That's what it's been like here lately, and it drives me NUTS. You literally can't step away for ONE MINUTE before being needed again! So we're going to work on this and I may need to set up some practice scenes for this, but we'll see how it goes.

Absolutely MUST Do
* Call bank.
* Get Moppet craft ready and purchase snack.
* Our new windows are coming Wednesday and Thursday! so I need to move a few things out of the way.
* Wrap our box for Operation Christmas Child.

Zone
Playroom. It's just been extra messy in there lately and I think there are a few things that can come out of there.

Menu

Monday - simplified bierochs (see below),
Tuesday - ham and white sauce, peaches
Wednesday - lasagna casserole (using the remainder of the bieroch sausage), salad
Thursday - margarita pizza
Friday - chicken and rice casserole (never made this last week)
Saturday - frozen enchilada dinner
Sunday - hot dogs, carrots, apple

My simplified version is to just put the meat mixture (ground sausage + sauerkrat + mustard) into pita bread instead of doing up the roll dough. It's sooo much faster and equally good! And we already have pita bread leftover from last week.

FUN THINGS!
* MOPS meeting Tuesday morning!
* We're getting all new upstairs windows Wednesday and Thursday, and while it will complicate life a bit for Kevin's sleep and the kids' nap, it'll be very exciting to get that done!
* Possibly a MOPS moms day out shopping on Saturday.


Join in on the meandering fun! Have a great week, friends!



2 comments:

Jules said...

I borrowed the margarita pizza! I figured anything with that kind of name MUST be good! lol

Your week looks great! Inspiring, as always! :)

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

You have such a beautiful heart for Christ! I know you will only continue to grow and learn on your journey. Be Blessed!!