WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Activity: Card games!

A couple weeks ago I discovered that Eli can play the game Uno! I take out all the Skips, Reverses, Draw 2s, etc and we just play with numbers, colors, and wild cards (aka magic cards). And to my surprise he actually GETS the game! Sure it takes a lot of me talking him through the game, but it's still fun for a few rounds and a good way to practice colors and numbers! By the way, I just have him lay his cards out on the table since he has small hands and that way I can see what he has in order to help him along.


I'm sure there are all kinds of ways to use these cards. This was one variation:
Next I want to try Crazy 8s with regular playing cards to practice shapes and numbers.

3 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

Oh my goodness! What a big boy! :) Great use for those UNO cards, Sarah. I LOVE UNO! And I love you. :)

alisha said...

Great thinking!! I'll have to try this too!!

Adventures of a Country Girl said...

That's such a clever idea!