WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Meanderings


Bible Study/Devotions
some topical word studies

Personal Goal
* Really work on doing quiet time daily this week.

Must Do
* Set up budget!
* Send birthday and wedding pics to Grandma.
* Clean out van post-vacation.

Zone
* Guest bedroom. Time to get the second box spring up the stairs and get the bed together for visitors coming this month!

Train Them Up
* Plan some activities both kids can do.

Menu Planning

Monday - pasta with alfredo sauce (I just tried a new recipe and it was scrumptious! stay tuned), pears, green beans
Tuesday - broccoli sausage breakfast bake, peaches
Wednesday - dad's spaghetti
Thursday - sausage rice casserole, oranges
Friday -fiesta taco casserole, pineapple
Saturday - out?
Sunday - pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn

Fun Things
* My mom might be coming this weekend! Which means Kevin and I could go out, like on a DATE!

Prayer Requests
* That I would be self-disciplined with doing quiet times and God would guide me in what to read.

Question of the week:
Any of y'all have experience with gas stoves? I'm having troubles with it burning in a ring on the pan, even on lower heat, if it's anything that just sits there, like a grilled sandwich, piece of meat, or pancake. I've just been getting out our electric skillet instead but I didn't know if there are any tricks out there to make it work better, like a certain type of pan or something??

4 comments:

BellaMama said...

I think the ring happens with thinner pans and non-stick (if you use them). My dh got a set of the thick bottom stainless steel pans with a few extra. Tramontina and Revere are two brands I have and love! I was reminded when we were at my mom's that with gas, there isn't an element to heat, the heat source is right on the pan. Things heat faster (or burn) if you don't use a lower setting (and maybe more butter/oil). With the thick bottomed pans, it's like the element heating up or the bottom of the pan. Unless, you use an induction cooker. We have 2, they're electric and the principle is based on magnetism! So if your pans aren't magnetic you would haveta get a new set. They are more cost efficient and don't heat the kitchen in the summer!! One wonderful thing we'll have for the Arizona summers!! (besides trying outdoor cooking)

Let us know what you figure out!

Mary said...

I don't have any answers about the stove but I really love the background you picked!!!

Marj said...

Sarah, I had the same problem with my gas stove until we had someone come and change the orifice. The orifice basically controls the amount of gas that comes out. It sounds like you need a smaller orifice.

Anonymous said...

Is your stove like that on each burner? on different types of pans?? what type of pan are you using? i have only used gas stoves the last several years and haven't experienced that...