WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 1 report.

Today was Eli's first day of potty training, and overall I'd give him an A!  There was an initial battle first getting into underwear this morning, but then he was fine.  He ended up holding his pee for most of the morning, I was actually starting to get worried but knew he would eventually go.  And in the afternoon after his nap he was peeing his pants every half hour it seemed with the finally wammy right before dinner-- the poop!   He never did actually pee or poop in the potty at all today, but he did sit on it for a LOT of the day and he was good about wearing underwear, both of which are two things he's greatly been resisting lately.  So today I think we mostly worked out his fear of the potty, and the next step is for him to start gaining control of his body.  Overall I was very pleased with how today went!  On to Day 2 tomorrow...



3 comments:

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

Great start. We found that even having Cman wear undies during the day still gave him the sensation of the diaper on, so that's when we started going with no pants to see how he would do when he felt/saw he had to and was going. Little extra cleanup from the piddles on the floor, but lots less laundry! Looks like you got past the potty fear hurdle :) Every little bit counts!

happyrockcafe said...

That is a very good point. I remember doing that with my kids too, especially the boys. All of a sudden they realize how they get wet.

bp said...

Good job on day 1!