WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Come to me, all you who are weary


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

***********
Are you weary and burdened?  Jesus walked this very same earth and faced many of the same worldly trials we have, yet he remained pure from all sin.  We are to take His yoke upon us and physically walk alongside him and allow the yoke of Jesus to become a "powerful guide for our thoughts and actions".  With Christ as our example, we are to be gentle and humble.  Allow Jesus to help carry the load, and find rest in your soul.

For more on what a yoke is and how we can understand this verse read THIS article from The Christian Chronicle.

1 comment:

Courage Seeker said...

Sarah, I was just looking online for the quote on this page from Matthew, about the weak coming to Jesus, and up popped your page.
I am getting baptized tomorrow, and was looking for this quote to use as a reading.
Your life is something that I would have (I guess still am) jealous of not too long ago. Now, I can say that I am happy for you, that you are truly blessed.
I am a 48-year-old man who has struggled with alcohol and drugs, depression and anxiety, and come from a childhood of lots of pain, death and abuse. Not a pretty picture, I know, but it is what it is.
Anyway, I have struggled for a long time with my faith, and only recently decided to surrender and quit fighting the calling of God. My entire way of thinking has changed since I have said the words "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior," and as a result, I am better able to accept things and other people, and am finding more peace and joy and love in my life.
You're probably thinking, "so why is this guy writing to me?"
Well, I just went through your website and saw what beautiful people you and your husband are, and how you have been blessed with so much love of life and good things. I am very happy for you, and I hope that you truly appreciate how good God has been to you. I am very happy for you and hope that you continue to spread your happiness and joy and love for God and Jesus Christ online.
For this one sinner, at least, your website touched me and made me grateful that God is doing for me and others like you some wonderful things. There are many people who will never have the opportunity to feel the light of Jesus inside of their hearts, and I can tell you from personal recent experience that it is a wonderful feeling, and is giving me much hope for the future.
I see your blogs, and I hope that my two young daughters will grow up to be half the wonderful woman that you have become. I have recently committed to being a father of love and a model of integrity for them, and I appreciate your showing me and the world a wonderful example of a woman truly living in the sunshine of the spirit.
Peace to you, and I hope that you continue to have a wonderful life.