WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Do I love my husband?

In the back of the book You Can Be the Wife of a Happy Husband one of the chapter assignments (at end of book) is to read 1 Cor. 13:4-7 and personalize it by putting your name in place of love. For me it takes on a whole new meaning when read as...
I am patient, I am kind. I do not envy, I do not boast, I am not proud. I am not rude, nor self-seeking, I am not easily angered, I keep no record of wrongs. I do not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth. I always protect, always trust, always hope, always persevere.
Uh yeah, I totally fall short of all of those things.

And I'm working on it. Through regular Bible times and prayer with God. And my hope is that the Spirit living inside me will me help me to grow into the loving wife God calls me to be. Because I sure as heck can't do it on my own!

1 comment:

bp said...

This is such a great exercise to do regularly. It really makes me stop and consider my actions and motives and stuff.