WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, March 27, 2009

"Be holy, because I am holy."

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
1 Peter 1:13-16
************

Despite my efforts to change lately, I've still been so angry and sinful, so ugly. I've been trying to focus on thankfulness and bury myself in scripture, but it just hasn't really been sinking in, I guess. But God made it clear to me yesterday that I have been trying to change myself when the truth is that God is the one who can do the work in me. I need to stop trying to do all the right things and commit my life to Jesus. Instead of making lists of things I need to do, I need to pray. Ask God for the strength and perseverance and cling to the joy of my salvation, for that is where true joy comes from!

I know I just posted this verse a few days ago, but here it is again:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Ps. 51:10-12

1 comment:

Emily Anne Carson said...

Whoa! Those are some major realizations. Sarah, you are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your faith journeys.