WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study/Devotions
more on anger/patience

Personal Goal
* Start doing workout EVERY day (minus Sun
day) instead of just every other day or so when we feel like it.

Must Do
* Check into local DMVs or a place we can get Nebraska driver's licenses.

Zone
Basement--we really got it organized last week b
ut now we have a big pile of boxes and trash that need to go out.

Train Them Up
* Potty training with Eli!

Husband Encouragement
* A test run of the family's recipe for angel food cake, Kevin's favorite!

Menu Planning

Monday - crispy chicken strips, cheesy cauliflower, apples
Tuesday - pizza with friends out to our house to play outside!
Wednesday - French dip sandwiches, potato salad
Thursday - friends visiting! -
Friday - meatloaf, corn, mashed potatoes
Saturday - chicken and rice casserole
Sunday - I have choir and Kevin has work so since it's a late dinner for both of us we'll all meet in town and go out to eat.

Fun Things
* Kevin's days off this week are today (once he wakes up from working last night) through Thursday!  It's going to be nice weather so I'm sure we'll be having lots of family fun outside and doing house projects!
* I have friends coming to visit Thursday night!

Prayer Requests
* Patience as we try potty training with Eli.
* Patience and peace with parenting in general.
* Blessed time with Daddy/Kevin this week!

Question of the week:
Do you plant a garden?  If so, what do you plant?  Do you have any tips for a newbie?  I want to plant a vegetable garden this spring but have no experience in this area--where to plant (in relation to house and shade), what to plant, when to plant, how to care for it.  I'm willing to do a little reading on it but just thought I'd ask my friends first!  Cuz I always love hearing from y'all!

2 comments:

Emily Anne Carson said...

I just heard a podcast all about growing different kinds of greens (apparently they are super, duper healthy). Collard greens, spinach, kale, lettuce. I guess they are all super easy to grow. I can tell you the name of the podcast if you're interested.

XOXO,
Em

bp said...

We normally try to do some tomatoes. We haven't done the best with them, my husband had them in a new place in the yard one year and they did much better.