WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Family Focus Friday: Storytime

I LOVE getting new storybooks to read with Eli! Just a few days ago I wrote a blog post about a new book series I discovered by author Kathleen Long Bostrom. And since then I used an Amazon gift card to order four more from the series:

So for this week's topic I thought maybe we could share our favorite children's books. I'd love to know what else is good out there! So here are my top three:

The Jesus Storybook Bible
by Sally Lloyd-Jones
Who is Jesus?
by Kathleen Long Bostrom
Oh, the Places You'll Go!
by Dr. Seuss
I was going to give you my top five, but I couldn't really think of any others. So do please, share your favorites! And many blessings to your family this weekend!

4 comments:

Jules said...

Sarah,

I am joining this week, I think you will enjoy some of ours! Have a blessed weekend!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Great post!!! We are back in town wihtout any MAJOR incidents.
Love you,
Eunie

Anonymous said...

You had asked for some book recommendations. When I studied Birth-K Child Development at Appalachian State I learned that children's literature is specifically designed and appropriate age groups. For Eli's age the more pictures and the less words there are, the better. In fact, more elaborate pictures yield more exploration on his part and opportunities for you to help him discover and look for what he can see. Of course you can certainly do this with books that have lots of words. If he shows more interest in the picture take an adventure with him to find out what each thing in the picture is. I adore Goodnight Moon. There are so many creative things you can do with it! Guess How Much I Love You, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, and Brown Bear What do you See are fantastic as well. My dad used to read Wynken, Blynken and Nod to us every night. I'll try to think of some more for you later on!

Sarah said...

Oh boy - children's books! I have always loved children's books and can't wait to have my own kids to read to! At any rate, a few of my current favorites:

Piggy in the puddle by charlotte pomerantz and james marshall - adorable pictures and wonderful rhymes
Each Peach Pear Plum by the Ahlbergs
Brown Bear Brown Bear, What do you See by eric Carle
Please Puppy Please by Spike Lee
Barn Dance by Bill Martin et al

I could go on and on but if you're looking for books, those are some with AWESOME illustrations, which is so important to me! You can actually probably get a lot of these through your local library if you want to check them out without having to buy them!

Happy reading!