WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Questions for the New Year...

Julie directed me to these questions at the Revive our Hearts website, and since they're so great, I thought I'd join in....

1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
truly get into the Word on a daily basis

2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
provide the funds for our new church building

3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
start getting up earlier in the morning--time to spend with God and pray, wake up mind and body, and set daily to-do list

4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
daily Bible reading--find a reading plan, decide on a start date, and record read passages in daily planner

5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
The computer. Figure out RSS feed for blog reading, shut computer OFF for certain periods of the day, and use timer to limit computer time.

6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
make an honest effort to talk with others at church

7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
my brother-in-law

8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
create schedules (cleaning, Eli, Bible reading) and stick to them one week at a time

9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
keep up on prayer journal

10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
decide every single day to receive God's grace and surrender to His will


There are twenty-one more challenging questions, but those were the primary ten. I'd LOVE to hear your answers too! So do, take a few minutes to think through what you really want this year to be about, and let me know if you have something posted!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Thanks for joining me! Sorry it took me so long to comment. I REALLY LOVE your answers especially the ideas on computer time! I have GOT to implement something like those! I spend WAY too much time on the computer! :o)

-Julie