WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Bible Study
Contagious Joy

Husband Encouragement
a clean house. I was really trying so hard to keep a clean and tidy house for Kevin since he's shown appreciation for it. But when the weather finally turned to spring here, I started to slip away from my new routines, saying that being outside while it was nice was more important. Well, it's time to get back to my routines and do some cleaning.

Train Them Up
* Last week I started teaching Eli The Lord's Prayer, so we'll spend some time on that this week, explaining what each part of it means. Perhaps in a separate time than answering his questions all at bedtime.
* Exploring nature

Personal Goal
Wake up! I've also been trying to get up at 5am, so I have time to see Kevin before work and have quiet time before the kids wake up. And I actually succeeded 3 days last week! And here I am up and at 'em this morning!

Must Do
* Fold and put away laundry. It was a goal last week to get caught up laundry, and I did manage to get everything washed, but I didn't keep up with getting it folded. I have 3 loads waiting for me this morning.
* pick up sticks, help mow lawn
* purchase wedding present
* take recycling to town
* return neighbor lady's pan - didn't get to it last week

Zone
Refrigerator. Need to clean it out.

Menu

Monday - spinach manicotti, peaches - didn't get to this last week
Tuesday - chicken chili
Wednesday - hobo dinner packets, oranges
Thursday - taco salad
Friday - home
Saturday - wedding
Sunday - date with Kevin!

Fun Things
* MOPS on Tuesday
* start a new book this week!
* wedding on Saturday
* weekend trip home
* after church on Sunday, Kevin and I are coming home but for the first time ever we are leaving the kids with my parents!! And they will return them to us on Tuesday! I am sooo excited! Kevin and I are going to spend some time in the city on our way back home, do some shopping, eat dinner, maybe see a movie, who knows. Then Monday Kevin will have to work of course, but I'm hoping to tackle some spring cleaning projects. And then we'll have a quiet evening Monday to enjoy at home. I can't wait!

What fun things do you have coming up this week??

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice! A few days without the kids, that's awesome!

cryssi said...

Sounds like a fun week! And a couple of days alone with your hubby...that is special..

Blessings
Crystal