WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Peace be with you.


In the last couple months I've been doing a lot of word studies on well, words I need to study! I've been going through the fruits of the spirit, and looking through the concordance for all the verses on each word. I started with patience since that's something I need to focus on, to work on. And yesterday I covered peace. And digging up all those verses really did bring me peace. So I thought I'd pass them along. I know they're a lot, especially when it's just the narrow margins of my blog, but here they are anyway.

Galatians 5:22 "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

Job 22:21 “Submit to God and be at peace with him.”

Psalm 29:11 “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.”

Psalm 34:14 “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.”

Psalm 85:10 “Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other.”

Psalm 119:165 “Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.”

Proverbs 14:30 “A heart at peace gives life to the body”

Isaiah 26:12 “Lord, you establish peace for us, all that we have accomplished you have done for us.”

Isaiah 32:17 “The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.”

John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Romans 8:5-7 “Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.”

Romans 14:16-19 “Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.”

Colossians 3:5 “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”

1 Thessalonians 5:23-34 “May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.”

2 Timothy 2:22 “Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”

Hebrews 12:14 “Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.”

James 3:17-18 “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.”

Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”


No comments: