WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, May 4, 2009

School zone.


We've been experimenting the last week or two, but I'm officially switching Hannah to just one nap a day now. So our "school time" will start getting more interesting as I won't have that undivided time with Eli anymore. During that time I'll keep working with Hannah to do "blanket time" while I do lessons with Eli. And then hopefully the last part of "school time" will be an activity we can all do together. It'll take some more experimenting trying to plan things for each of them and juggle it all, but we'll figure it out. For this week though...

Focus: practice lower case letters, learn Number 3, handwriting

Monday
calendar/storytime
upper-lower case letters match
color 3...
practice counting out 3 beads
play dough

Tuesday
calendar/storytime
alphabet maze
circle the set of 3
circle the numbers 3
paint flowers craft

Wednesday- grocery day

Several weeks ago when I expressed my frustrations trying to do grocery shopping with both kids, my friend Kristen passed on a suggestion to make a small grocery list with pictures for Eli. So that's exactly what we've done for two or three trips now. I just find some google images for a few things on my list for the week, and that's what he's in charge of helping me find in the store. Last week I started adding numbers next to some of the items, showing how many we need. 2 milks, 4 yogurts, and the rest was just one of each. Eli doesn't know his numbers too well, so that's good practice. And of course we cross everything off as we go along. The list is enough to keep him excited for at least the first part of the trip. And in the car he likes to hold his list, so during our 30-minute drive I have him show the pictures to Hannah and tell her what the name of everything is. I LOVE finding ways that Eli can help teach her! This is a picture of last week's grocery list:


Thursday
calendar/storytime
writing- tracer page 3
color and shapes worksheet
plant sunflowers outside

Friday
calendar/storytime
computer games

4 comments:

The Cutes and Scoots Show said...

Way to go with the list! That's a great idea with adding the # of items you need.

Side note... I cannot believe its 30 minutes to the grocery store!That might take a little getting used to. :)

cryssi said...

What a great Idea! That sounds like fun. And your school sounds good... I dont ever sit down and plan stuff out like that, or at least I dont write it out...lol


Blessings
Crystal

Jules said...

I am SO stealing a few of your ideas for Lily!! And, I love the idea of taking the pictures to the grocery store!! Claire would do really well with that, I think. Can't wait to try it this week!

~Thanks for the tips!!

bp said...

That's a great idea for the grocery store list! And it's great number practice too!