WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Five: Favorite Recipes

Today is my 5 all-time FAVORITE recipes, recipes that I recommend anyone and everyone to try!! These aren't recipes I've made up, but they're recipes I've come across one way or another and I just LOVE them!! And they're way easy to make which makes 'em even better!

  1. Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
  2. Dad's Spaghetti (recipe below)
  3. Chicken Kiev (recipe below)
  4. Broccoli Cheese Soup
  5. Strawberry Angel Food Delight (recipe below)

Dad's Spaghetti aka Spaghetti Sauce w. Ripe Olives

1 lb ground beef
1/4 c. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 green pepper, chopped
1 can (3 1/2 c.) tomatoes (pureed in blender)
1/2 bay leaf
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 c. pitted sliced ripe olives

1. Brown meat in olive oil.
2. Add onion, garlic, and green pepper to meat and cook until lightly browned.
3. Stir in tomatoes and seasons and simmer 1 hr.
4. Add olives to sauce a few minutes before serving, heating thoroughly.


Chicken Kiev

2/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbl grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
1/4 c. white whine

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt butter in saucepan.
3. In bowl combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, basil, oregano, garlic salt, and salt.
4. Cut chicken breasts in half (the short way so it's two chunks, not two long strips), dip in butter, the roll in crumbs.
5. Place in 9x13 pan and bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
6. While that's baking, add wine to remaining melted butter and warm on simmer.
7. When chicken is done, pour spoonfuls of butter mixture over chicken and bake another 5 minutes.


Strawberry Angel Food Delight
(I don't really know what it's actually called and I don't actually have this written out in a recipe so I'll just do my best to explain how to make it. Everyone loves it, and it's perfect for a fun, easy summer treat!!!)

1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 tub whipped cream
fresh strawberries (or bananas), sliced
1 angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes

1. Make pudding as directed on box. Fold in the entire tub of whipped cream. Swipe finger through it and give it a good taste.
2. In a large bowl, start layering using half at a time: cut-up angel food cake, strawberries/bananas, spread pudding mix, angel food cake, strawberries/bananas, spread pudding mix. OR you can layer it so your fruit is on top: angel food cake, pudding mix, strawberries, angel food cake, pudding mix, strawberries. (if I use bananas, I do it the first way. But if it's strawberries, I like the colorful strawberries on top arranged nice and perty! haha)
3. Store in refrigerator.
4. Lick clean the bowl with any remaining pudding mix, and enjoy!

No comments: