WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Works for Me: Kitchen Scissors

Okay, this is a REALLY basic one and I'm sure everyone does it, but just in case you don't, here's my tip: Instead of cutting with a knife onto a cutting board, use kitchen scissors to cut green onions right into whatever you're cooking (guessing on the amount). And cut the whole bunch at the same time. This is so fast and easy! I was excited when I figured this out for myself!

What else do YOU use kitchen scissors for??

For more fabulous tips from the women that know, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.

7 comments:

Debs said...

If I have to cut up raw meat like bacon or chicken to a stir fry I use scissors, as it's easier than finding which knife is sharpest and getting out the meat chopping board specially.

Debs said...

That was meant to be 'for a stirfry'

Mom2fur said...

I just love my kitchen shears! They have so many uses and make life a lot easier! If I use them like Debs does, for bacon or chicken, I just put them in the dishwasher!

Ms. Kathleen said...

I use my kitchen scissors all the time. I like to cut meat when the meat is still slightly frozen. It really works well. Mine even cut through small bones, like chicken bones. I cut all kinds of veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc.

I have used them to cut large nuts when I just need a few for something simple.

Excellent idea. I had not thought of your suggestion!

In Light of the Truth... said...

Wow, I had no idea these scissors were sharp enough to use on meats too! I'll have to give it a try! Thanks, everyone for some more tips!

Jessica Snell said...

I love my kitchen shears too - especially to cut fresh herbs. Stick the (washed) herbs in a shallow glass, and then stick the shears in there and snip away. You'll soon have chopped herbs all neatly contained in a glass, no fuss, no mess. It's really nice for things like cilantro, that get all over EVERYWHERE otherwise.

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I have never owned a pair of kitchen scissors, but I've always heard how wonderful they are. I might need to pick some up next time I'm down that aisle.