WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My world is a brighter place now

Do you ever have moments when you make some small change and it just makes you go "Ahhh" because it just looks so much better. And I'm not just talking about little things like wiping off a counter or picking up clutter. I'm talking about the type of change that stays and actually lasts for more than just the moment. Well, this has happened with three things this past year. #1 was when hubby and I set up a "guest room" in our unfinished basement about a year ago.

This isn't the best picture as my scrapbook stuff is everywhere and you can't see the handy dandy sheets we used to make "walls" that separate this guest room from the storage area of our basement. The blue curtain behind the bed is just a shower curtain we had but didn't need at this house, so that and the gold curtains cover up the cement wall behind it. And the table lamp was like $5 from Goodwill, the floor lamp $8 from Walmart, and the chest is what I got for my birthday to store my fabrics. I love this room, and I love the fact that it brings order and function to a normal mess of a basement. Soo... every time I walk downstairs to do laundry, instead of seeing STUFF scattered about, I see this nice little "room" and say "Ahhh."

#2 "Ahh" moment was when hubby made me a simple pantry shelf. We have little cupboard space in our kitchen, so my wonderful hubby made this for me for additional storage, and instead of a pile of boxes that were tossed to the bottom of the stairs, I see this. "Ahhh."
#3 "Ahhh" moment is from something even simpler and for this one there are no pictures. The story is this: A light burned out in the kitchen and it was replaced with a slightly brighter one. And this, my friends, is what makes my world a brighter place now. I just love it! The kitchen now seems bigger, happier, and even cleaner! All because it's brighter, and really truly every time I walk in there, I just say "Ahhh."

Okay, now you can officially call me crazy. Have a good day!

No comments: