WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, April 9, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

I've just started the art of making some of my baby's foods from whatever we're having for dinner. So that's starting to affect my meal planning. When we would maybe choose to have corn, I've decided on mixed veggies instead because I had ZERO success trying to make corn cream up into baby food. I'm definitely new at this, so if anyone has any tips, bring 'em on! So far I HAVE been successful with sweet potatoes, ham, mixed veggies, carrots, apples, and bananas. While I might not be able to make ALL of Eli's foods for awhile, I try to at least plan a few things each week that I can make for him out of our dinner. So here's the menu...

Monday-- Taco Soup, Grapes
Tuesday-- French Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday-- Lasagna, Garlic Bread, mixed veggies
Thursday-- Appetizer Nite-- Cheesy Chili Dip, apples slices with sour cream dip
Friday-- Dominos Pizza!
Saturday-- Sweet and Spicy Shrimp over rice
Sunday-- Grilled Pork Chops, seasoned potatoes, fresh peaches

For more menu ideas head on over to Laura's. Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Good job making your own baby food! I didn't even realize that you could make your own with my first baby- LOL! And now I just LOVE making my own baby food! Have you read Super Baby Food yet? I use her freezer cube method and freeze my baby food in ice cube trays. It's pretty easy and so much cheaper and healthier than store-bought. My baby eats my special breakfast blend- oatmeal, bananas, and avocado all pureed together.
Anyway, have a great week!

Christine said...

What a great idea about making your own baby food! Your blog is truly lovely. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Nice menu. Again, I love the idea of Appetizer Nite. I really need to do that. lol

I also suggest the book Super baby Foods. I didn't make our own food for our first baby, and I wish I had! For this new baby I've already picked up Super Baby Foods, which people suggested to me the 1st time around and I ignored it. (Why? no clue!)
It has a purple-ish cover. Most libraries have it, and we always see it at Borders, Barnes & Nolbe, Books a Million...pretty much everywhere.

Good for you on doing that for your baby! Good Luck!

Karen said...

I made our own baby food for my daughter who is now three and the easiest method for me was to set aside a little time and make several trays of it at once - using ice cube trays like Anne suggested. This way, I could grab a cube or two out of the freezer at dinner time and it didn't effect the rest of the meal. Avocado and oatmeal are both good choices too. I found that peas are difficult because the outer skin separates from the inner part and the skin is hard for baby to eat.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Good menu! I've been enjoying making my own baby food too. It's nice and convenient! I have the Super Baby Food book and think it is great. Have a good week!

Unknown said...

Kudos to you on making your own baby food. I'll post a link to my other blogs and see if the ladies can be of assistance.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Looks like some great recipes there. I will have to try the Sweet & Spicy Shrimp!