WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Colossians 3:15

At the same website I found the 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge I also found this article that I thought I share with you here today. Enjoy this new perspective on the little things in life:

Things to Be Thankful For
(originally from an Ann Landers column)

  • Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have enough to eat.
  • Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you have been surrounded by friends.
  • Be thankful for the taxes you pay, because it means you're employed.
  • Be thankful that your lawn needs mowing and your windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.
  • Be thankful for your heating bill, because it means you are warm.
  • Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.
  • Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means you can walk.
  • Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it means you can hear.
  • Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.
  • Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means you're alive.
This week I ams also thankful for...
  • the week with my mom--being able to have TWO dates with my husband; a week of help around the house so I could take care of chores while knowing Grandma is watching Eli; all the fun we had with walks and hikes and waterfalls and cake and pie, etc; getting new bras AND a swimsuit! (this is a big deal for me, see # 38 in my list of 100 things about me)
  • the first week of the 30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge I'm leading on my blog (it's not too late to join in!), and the heart change in myself and a happier household and the encouragement from the others doing the challenge too.
  • getting to talk to my friend Angie on the phone yesterday afternoon, since she's done with teaching school and is a stay-at-home mommy now for good!
  • my husband--all the little loving things he's been doing lately (once I made him a list of specific things that are loving to me, I've started seeing a big difference!); his hard work this week; helping out so much with Eli while I spent time with my mom
  • Eli's oral surgeon appointment later today and the fact that while we're there we'll get a good look in his mouth and see where he may be getting teeth in (he's showing sure signs of teething this week)

To visit other Thankful Thursday participants, visit Iris at Sting My Heart. Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Alycia said...

Such a sweet Thankful Thursday list!! I loved the thankful list above your personal one also ~ so true, and often we fail to think of those things as a blessing. I hope you have a wonderful day!! Blessings!

Patty said...

What a great list!!! It's my 1st visit to your blog but I love it!! Praying that God will just bless you with the biggest delight today, something unexpected and that will make you smile!

Denise said...

I enjoyed your thankful list.

Deena Peterson said...

That was fun...some classics with some original work!!

Mary said...

Yup. We should be thankful for everything! :) Nice to have your mom there to help with Eli. Amazing how fast you can clean house when you don't have to watch a little one. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.