WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Friday, June 22, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 22

Last night I helped Kevin study for a qualification at work, and afterwards I really praised him for how well he was doing and how fast he'd learned his information. I'm so proud of him! He's good at his job, but that's a side of him I don't get to see much!

This weekend he will be spending a lot of time doing things of his own--helping a coworker move, off-roading, and playing soccer--but I told him that he's been home with the family all week (he works short days and usually home for the afternoon) and that it's perfectly fine for him to do something on his own. I want him to enjoy some time with other guys!

June 22--DAY 22

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

"Let your speech always be with grace . . ." Col. 4:6a

Focus today on how you represent your husband in your home, your church, and your community. In this challenge to encourage, ask: "If all my family and friends knew about my husband came from a filter of what I've said about him, what would they think of my husband?" Do you need to change the filter? Do you talk positively about your husband to others . . . or do you complain and criticize?

Your speech should reflect 1 Cor. 13 love. Your words should be kind, and should never "rejoice in iniquity" (v. 6). Refrain from listing your husband's faults to others. Satan likes to trick us in this area—be wary of sharing barbed "prayer requests." Remember, "Love will cover a multitude of sins" (1 Pet. 4:8b). Present your husband before others today in a strong, positive manner. Slip in a "good word" for your spouse.

Resist the urge to correct or belittle him in front of others. Some of what you say may come back to him—and you want your words to be sweet, building him up and never tearing him down.

Don't forget: you are always criticizing—or encouraging—before an audience. God hears your conversations when you are alone with your husband in your own home. May your speech be always seasoned with grace.

I want to be woman who speaks always with grace. I want to be a wife who sees that the heart of our home is a peaceful sanctuary--a source of contentment, acceptance, rejuvenation, nurturing, rest, and love for my family. (Omartian, 37) I want to represent my husband such that everyone knows how good of a man he is, whether they know him or not. I want to be an encourager, a supporter, a helper--the woman that God has designed me to be.

God of renewal, everywhere your Holy Spirit breathes new life into creation. As I undertake this day to bring glory to you by honoring my husband, I ask you to be present in my marriage. Guide me to know in which things I should ask forgiveness, in which things I should change, and in which things I should ask for the grace to let go. Show me new ways to respect my husband today and open my eyes to all that you have made him to be. I trust in your goodness and in the covenant my husband and I made with you and each other on our wedding day. Through Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.*



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really do make an effort to only speak positive words about my husband to family, friends, classmates, and people at church. I honestly can say that if people had never met Shawn and only went by what I have said, they would know he is thoughtful, kind, and devoted husband. I do feel though sometimes it is easy to complain to someone of a quality you don't care about your husband. In the world that we leave in we are not suppose to have a happy and fulfilling marriage. Also, If the other person is speaking badily about their spouse then it is easy to respond in the same manner. This challenge has really opened up my eyes to the harsh words I spoke to my husband. I like what was stated in the blog- God hears your conversations when you are alone with your husband in your own home. We are NEVER alone. Today is Friday- date night for us! My hope is that over dinner I have only encouraging words to Shawn. LT