WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Weekly Memory Verse


Okay, I totally admit it... I did not learn last week's Bible verse! I never wrote it down after I posted it online and therefore never studied it. Sooo... needless to say, we'll be doing that one again this week and no new verse. But first, let's review the verses we've done so far!

We have a cool little dish that sits on our dining room table, and I've taken small slips of paper, written on it the Bible reference, and then when we sit down for a meal, I draw out a slip of paper and practice the verse. Or I'll go through the whole can, practicing all of them! So I'll just do that right now and type them out as I go, so if I mess something up, I'll be trusting you to let me know...

Colossians 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Psalm 119:9-11 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Hebrews 10:24-25 Let us consider how may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together--as some are in the habit of doing--but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever.

Joshua 1:8 Do not let the Word of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night so that you will be careful to do everything in it; then you will be prosperous and successful.

Luke 10:27 Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind. And love your neighbor as yourself.

And the new verse again...


2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves,
but our competence comes from God.


Why memorize scripture? (Taken from the book my friend Ben got me, Topical Memory System) It helps us overcome worry because we have God's promises written on our heart. It helps us have victory over sin because the Word of God, the sword of the spirit, is always ready for battle against Satan. It helps us gain confidence in witnessing with verses right at the tip of our tongues. And it helps keep us spiritually fit by meditating on God's Word throughout our days.

So will you join me in learning this week's Bible verse?? Sign your name below! (even if you don't have a blog)



No comments: