WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 2

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

June 2--DAY 2
" . . . through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b

How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? Was it easy? Was it hard to hold your tongue when you wanted to say something negative? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up start again today!) There are so many practical things you can praise, if you look for them.

Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength.

*********************************
So, how did you do yesterday? Easier or harder than you thought? I did pretty well for Day 1 of the challenge. Yes, there were several times I had to think about how to word a sentence so it sounded more postive. I didn't point blame when pie was left out instead of put in the fridge. I just said "Oops, I forgot to put the pie away last night!" I didn't make any comments while hubby was driving (sometimes I make little comments that he's driving too fast or something.) I thanked him for little chores he did like taking out the trash or cleaning out his Jeep, and for feeding Eli at the restaurant. So all in all, it was all a good day. I do have to be truthful and say that because my mom is visiting this week, it's a little easier. I'm sure you all know that when other people are around, you act a little different, whether you mean to or not. So I guess having Mom around is helping me get this challenge off to a good start!


If you've chosen to do this challenge, sign your name below and leave a comment on how it's going for you so far! Blessings to you and your family!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, yesterday I had to stop myself on several occassions to not say anything negative and just keep my mouth shut! It was a lot harder than I had expected!! I am not saying yesterday was a perfect day but I really thought before I spoke!! Like the old saying goes, think before you speak. Hubby does chores inside and outside of the house. e.g. cooking, dishes, vaccuum, yardwork. I usually do everything on "cleaning day" but throughout the week he always pitches in. I did thank Shawn on a few different occassions today for getting something for me. I have to learn to not take Shawn for granted. Anytime I ask him to do something he usually does it without any comments. I am usually the one with the comments:) I decided not to tell Shawn I am doing this challenge. I want to see if he sees improvement in a month!! That will be the true test. So, it sounds like your first day was successful. Yes, something as easy as forgetting to put a pie in the fridge makes us want to say something smart. Having mom around does help. I have to agree, everyone is always different when other people are around. I hope you and I both become better wives after this is done. Good luck to you!!

Sarah said...

So, I decided to join after all! It sounds like you had a good first day, and I'll be looking forward to hearing how your second day went. You can link to my post from mr. linky. I haven't actually done anything, but I think even stopping first to reflect on what I'm going to do will help me have a "plan of action" and put it in to practice.
:)