WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 9

No more reflections on yesterday, besides what I already had on yesterday's post. I am very thankful for my husband and his faithfulness. The challenge is still going well, and except for the little explosion the other night, I haven't said anything negative to my husband. No comments while he's driving, no comments when he sits down for three bowls of cereal, no comments about him wanting to take a nap in the afternoon, and instead full of thanks and praise and encouragement for the wonderful things he does. It's been good.

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak..." James 1:19

We are often so busy speaking that we don't take time to listen. We are so quick to offer a comment - negative or positive—that we don't really "hear" our husband's heart. Remember: we have two ears and only one mouth. We need to listen more!

As you continue in your 30-day challenge, not speaking negatively and focusing on positive encouragement, hear the Lord's admonition today: "Be swift to hear." If listening is a real problem for you, play a game with yourself. See if you can listen to your husband for one whole day, only speaking when asked a question. If your husband notices the difference, explain that you are learning to listen more-not only to God, but also to him.

One easy way to express admiration for your husband is to ask a question about something he enjoys, and then listen to his response. If it's an area of personal familiarity, keep asking questions until you learn something you didn't know, then tell him, "Wow, I didn't know that!"

So what will you do today to encourage your husband to talk about something he loves??

Share your thoughts on your own blog or leave a comment here! And if you're doing something fun today because it's Saturday, have fun!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a few thoughts from yesterday's blog. Shawn is very committed to our marriage. I am very thankful he is not one to look for other options. He does not believe in divorce. His parents had their differences at some points, but they are still married to this day. Now days people are getting divorced all of the time. You always here the famous "irreconcilable differences." We both believe a lot of effort has to be made. I think prior to getting married you are in sort of a fantasy world. Marriage is work, but with hard work comes fulfillment. This was a big discussion in our SS class. A lot of people go day to day living as roomates. If you don't work at it, then your marriage won't survive.
** Okay, yesterday was overall pretty good. This morning Shawn is sleeping in. I could be a mean wife and wake him up to get our day started. Instead I'll take care of Henry and start getting things done around here. The small things really matter to Shawn. One example, after dinner yesterday Shawn wanted to pick out some movies, but in my heart I wasn't to keen on the idea, but I didn't say a word and we headed to Movie Gallery. I have become alot better but some times it can be hard. The last time I didn't speak very positively was when we were both cooking dinner. I attempted to cook chicken a different way, and Shawn wanted to give input of how it should be done, (which he was right) but I took it as an insult :( other than that we are doing fairly well.