WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 16

Thanks, ladies, for sharing your mid-challenge reflections yesterday! I'm so glad that we're all benefiting from this. This challenge is definitely a good way to create and establish good habits that we can then carry with us all throughout life. If you're interested... starting this Monday another blogger, Christine at Fruit in Season, is going to be leading an "Honor Your Husband 30 Day Challenge" that she's come up with on her own. I know I'll be checking it out, and I thought I'd let y'all know too!

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

June 16--DAY 16


"And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him." Genesis 2:18

God says that it is not good for man to be alone. But the way some women criticize their mates, the husbands may long for solitude. Be careful today not to criticize your mate, but look for ways to encourage him personally and publicly.

Speaking of communication, does your husband communicate with you? God has made you a companion and helper for your husband, and part of being "one flesh" with him is the privilege of sharing and discussing personal needs and concerns. Thank God for that wonderful gift. Thank your husband for communicating with you. If your spouse does not communicate as you wish, look for ways that he communicates that are normal for him—smiling at you, nodding his head, even a pleasant "grunt!"—and then thank him for letting you know that he cares. Perhaps he needs to be lovingly taught how to communicate. Be patient with him . . . and listen when he does speak.

Kevin is a good communicator. He talks to me about his day, things going on at work, his Jeep stuff, plans for the future, his goals, hobbies he wants to take on, and sometimes even about his feelings regarding certain situations. I looove the times when we sit outside at night, sipping on a warm drink, and just talk about anything and everything. Makes me feel very close to my husband!

Kevin's not only good at communicating with me, but also with his family, calling each of them (his parents, and his sister) at least once every week, sometimes more. He's also good about picking up the phone and calling friends who've moved away. I really, really value that quality in him, because it shows to me that he truly values these relationships and that's he's willing to take the initiative to maintain the friendship.

Today I will make sure to tell Kevin how much I value his communication with me and with others.

How is your husband when it comes to communication? Are there certain things you do to help encourage him to share more with you? Is this an area in which you struggle? Share your thoughts, and leave your link below...



No comments: