WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thankful Thursday


"...that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."
Psalm 30:12


I'm a little grumpy today so starting over right here, right now with this Thankful post will be good for me....

  • I am thankful that even though Hubby is working nights this week and we haven't seen him much, we've been able to do fun things during the time he is home.
  • I am thankful that another one of Eli's teeth popped through (he has 5 teeth now!), so we're feeling even better than last week.
  • I am thankful for real summer weather this week even if it means turning the air on for a couple days.
  • I am thankful that Eli is always good in the church nursery so I can enjoy the service.
  • I am thankful for our new mattress topper we got for our guest bed (using a gift card, so it was practically free!). We have lots of guests coming next month for Eli's birthday, and now the bed will be much more comfortable.
  • I am thankful for our quiet and dark guest room in the basement so Hubby can sleep there this week during the day and get good rest.
  • I am thankful for the little push cart my friend Amy let me borrow for Eli. He loves playing with it, and it's so fun to watch!
  • I am thankful for my Hubby Kevin-- how devoted he's been to the family during his time home, instead of going on the computer and doing other things for himself; even though he's working long days and through the weekends he hasn't complained; how he's such a helper when I forgot something for dinner or have an errand I haven't gotten to
Okay, feeling a little better. Eli's been playing nice and quietly while I've typed all this, and the sun has come out a little. It will be a good day after all...

What are you thankful for this week? Visit Iris to read more thankful posts. Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your grateful heart, bless you.

Kim said...

Isn't it wonderful when the Lord can remind us just how much we really have? I hope your husband gets to go back on days soon.

Patty said...

Great list! You can really see how much you love your husband and son! Have a great weekend!!
Blessings!
Patty

Deedra said...

Great list of thankfuls! Typing mine out always makes me feel better too! Have a wonderful weekend!

Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe said...

Thank you for sharing your list.